Monday, January 4, 2010

thanks, Dora.


I think Anna is officially ready to start potty training. I don't know about you, but, i am perfectly happy having a child in diapers. Yes, she is currently wearing the last possible size of Pampers available. (have you ever seen a toddler in "Depends"....stay tuned). Yes, she will be in preschool soon (potty training = a requirement. who knew there were prerequisites for preschool!?) Yes, she has finally gotten over her fear (for the most part) and will at least entertain the idea of sitting on the potty. So, folks, looks like I am at the point of no return. It's now or never....well, maybe not never.

Anna has picked out her potty. Dora and Boots. However, this doesn't come with a backpack of helpful tools for Mommy. I have no idea where to begin. Okay, that's not true. I know that Anna will work for M&M's. Am i above a bribe? Probably not. So, sue me. I choose my battles...and believe me, with a 2.5 year old, there are many to choose from!

So, all you Mommies who have "been there, done that" - please, i am not too prideful to ask for help. advice. a lifeline. I am trying to start a "potty schedule" as well as a chart for Anna to see her accomplishments. However, with a daughter who is perfectly content sitting in her dirty diapers....this may take a while.

To be continued....

8 comments:

  1. i just wanted to say welcome to the blogging world, that sounds creepy. i saw your post on mckmamma and know that everyone likes to recieve comments. cute dora potty chair, where did u get it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped over from MckMama's forum. We used stickers and candy. I had a little poster board that she got to put a sticker on every time she went. It wasn't a chart, or particularly organised, so it ended up a sticker collage, and she loved it! Sometimes, if we were out and she went, I would take her to a specialty chocolate shop like Godiva and get her an extra special treat. I was working at Starbucks at the time, and she also got her share of coffee stickers that were supposed to go on the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my advice, NAKED! My son is 26 months old and just baout potty trained for home. We use cloth diapers already so we just started letting him "air out" some. Then he started recognizing when he was going. For the past week and a half he has gone on the potty for all peeing an pooping when we are home. Yes, I feel weird that he never has pants on but its working. I am not worried about the transition to underwear yet for going out. When he goes we just say good job. We never ask if he has to go. I am a firm believer in kids will do it when "they" are ready, not anyone else. My twin boys potty trained right after their third birthday and their preschool, head start, helped with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the world of blogging! i hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl... Wow, what a journey! I'm so excited that you are writing again! I love hearing your stories and wonderings! I need to get back to blogging again. It's been way too long! Wish I had words of wisdom about potty training, but I'm afraid that I don't... Hugs to you and your beautiful family! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck!!

    I had to laugh at your depends statement, hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooo relieved to read about another girl that is 2.5 years old and not yet potty trained! We've been trying with my daughter for a year (off and on) and she is still in diapers, and will be 3 in April. We have good days, but it is still not clicking. PLEASE let me know how your potty training goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter is just about the same age as yours and she's just just pee pee trained, well not all the way, 2 accidents tonight, but she goes all day long at the babysitters without an accident. She also has never pooped in the potty. Do I know why no, I've offered bribes, candy rewards, nothing helps. I hope you have better luck. I keep telling her if she wants to go to school (preschool in fall) she has to go!! It's just not working!

    ReplyDelete