Saturday, January 2, 2010

daydream.

Then.
When I was young, i often dreamed about what my perfect life would look like. A loving husband, adorable children, a home to call my own...you know, the one with the white picket fence. I would have a delicious (not from a box), home cooked meal on the table when my husband walked through the door from his 9-5. I would be wearing the most in style clothing and sport an up-t0-date hairstyle. My home would always be perfectly clean and ready for unexpected visitors. My children would never threw a tantrum, and always say "please and thank you." I would volunteer in the community, serve the church, and organize events. My life, as i imagined it, would be "perfect".... i might even change my name to Mrs. Cleaver.

Now.

Fast Forward 30 years. (did i just say that number out loud? we are all friends here...ahem). God has allowed many of my "dreams" to, in fact, become reality. I married my loving husband, best friend, and partner in 2003. We have been blessed with two adorable daughters, Anna Grace and Lily Kate who are 2 yrs and 1 day apart. We have a home to call our home, however this home has a mortgage...yeah, that wasn't part of my dream. I have clothes on my back, though I am so busy trying to remove spit-up from them, that the "in style" part doesn't seem to matter. let's be real...it's a good day if I am not wearing pajamas sweatpants. My hair....oh lord, my hair. Does a ponytail count as an up-to-date style? yeah, didn't think so. And, please pretend you don't notice the roots....and least they aren't gray...yet. My house is clean on occasion, but if you are stopping by unannounced, i may hand you a blindfold upon entering. Dinner is too often picked up and brought home. Mrs. Cleaver, i am not.

All of this to say, that the job of Mothering is tough.....beyond worth it...but tough. My days are full, and suddenly, things like clothes, hair and a clean floor don't seem to matter much. A mother doesn't get sick days, vacation or even a lunch break. However, this job of being "Mommy" has the biggest rewards. Unconditional Love, a hug (just when you need it the most), slobbery kisses, finger paintings, giggles, tickles, and too many precious moments to count. I am a comedian, entertainer, nurse, teacher, friend.


I am living my dream, and i realize that more and more with every passing day.





This blog is simply a place for me to share my heart, stories, memories and adventures with family and friends... and whoever else wants to join me in this crazy journey. So, please enjoy and remember to leave your shoes at the door... my children like to eat off of the floor.

5 comments:

  1. Love this post, so true and so easy to relate to. It's fun to blog the journey so we can look back and see where we've been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! Looking forward to reading more. My children look about the same age as yours (a toddler daughter and an infant son).

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very true! Being a mom isn't what I imagined, but it is a good normal.

    ReplyDelete